Friday, August 23, 2013

Candy Castle Sewalong Conclusion!

 Bah!  I meant to post this a week ago, but apparently I haven't yet mastered the schedule feature of Blogger.  *sigh* I suppose late is better than never.  Sorry for the delay.


--------------------
I apologize for the amount of time between this post and the last one. I had intended to post pictures of the dress as soon as I finished, but then the very day after, I dislocated my finger.  I don't even have an awesome story about how I did it, like fighting a ninja or getting caught in a stampede of unicorns.  I tripped over a curb.  Or my own feet, I'm not really sure.  All I know is one minute I was walking and the next I was falling. I thought for sure my finger was broken, but after a 4 hour wait in Urgent Care found out it was only dislocated.  It's all sorts of pretty shades of purple, and still pretty sore, so please forgive any typos.

Anyways, here's my finished dress. 



My girl had so much fun with our little "photo shoot".  She had so many ideas about what she wanted to do.  All I heard was "Mommy, how about one with my backpack, and now one of me twirling.  Can I hold the pencil like this?  Now of me sitting down."  It was fun to see her so excited about it. In the one on the right I had written " I (heart) Candy Castle Patterns!" and below it a math problem for her to do, and then she wrote "I luv my new dress".

If you didn't guess from the sneak peek I posted last time, my "special detail" was a pencil applique. (Tutorial in the works!) I really love how the applique turned out.  While in the process of making it I wasn't sure how it would turn out and how it would actually look on the dress, but when I finally put the two together I was thrilled.


Turns out I wasn't the only one thrilled with it though, because I was chosen as the winner! I was so unbelievably shocked to wake up and see that I won.  There were SO MANY beautiful dresses, each one was really a work of art.  Looking through them all I was in awe, I thought no way did I even have a chance of winning.  I'm so excited though, not only do I get two free patterns, but I get to be a pattern tester for her next design which I got to see today.  I already have an idea in my head of what I want to do with it, so I'm anxious to get started.

As hokey as it sounds though, I really think the best prize of the sew along was the experience.  It was so much more fun than I thought it would be, working along with so many wonderfully creative women and seeing how each one brought their own spin to it.  I can't wait for the next one, I might be a sewalong addict now!

No comments:

Post a Comment