Monday, October 7, 2013

Some Halloween sewing

Sorry I've been so absent lately.  Busy testing TONS, plus working, and school just started up again.  I'm exhausted.  This is really just a quickie post to share some of the Halloween sewing I've been doing lately/share some testing I've been doing.

First up is the Tilly combo dress by Little Kiwi's Closet.

It's a knit/woven combo dress, knit top in both a tank and sleeve version, and a woven ruffled skirt.  I'm super into combo dresses lately, and ruffles. This one has both! I'd been eying (spellcheck insists that 'eyeing' is not how that word should be spelled.  Seriously?  It looks so weird without the second 'e') several Halloween prints and this was the perfect pattern to use them up. 


Next up on the block is the new Wonderland Dress by Heidi & Finn.


I was so excited to get chosen to test for this dress, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. The simple bodice cries for embellishment, and I'd been wanting to try freezer paper stenciling for awhile so I gave it a go. I used a lime green fabric paint, and it's hard to see in the pictures but it is SUPER glittery, I mixed about half a tube of glitter into the paint before applying it to the fabric.


Unfortunately the hooligan wasn't feeling especially cooperative when I asked for pictures, so I don't have many good ones to share.

The last one I'm sharing today is the Candy Castle Princess by Candy Castle Patterns. 


This is the one I did for the testing, it is the Winter Wonderland version. This pattern comes with an unbelievable number of options (4 sleeve options, 2 fit options, 2 top skirt options, and 2 underskirt options.  Possibly more.  There might be so many options that I'm forgetting some.)


Now, I know it doesn't look like it should belong in this Halloween post, but if you head on over to the CCP group on Facebook (where there is currently a sew along for this dress) you'll see all the beautiful costumes those talented ladies are creating with this pattern.  I made a Belle costume for my girl out of it, but you'll have to wait til I get decent pictures to see it.

That's just a few of the tests I've been doing. I've got a few more I've done but can't share yet, hopefully soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment